Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Cancellation By You:
The lead name on the booking must give notice to cancel the Holiday in writing or mail at our office and we shall refund the tour cost after deduction cancellation charges as under.
In order to cover our expected loss from the cancellation of the booking there is set scale of charges which must be paid by you or any one travelling with you;
· From the booking date till 30 days prior to the departure date, 30 % of the package cost is chargeable.
· From 30 days to 17 days prior to the departure date, 50 % of the package cost is chargeable.
· From 16 days to 7 days prior to departure date, 100 % of the package cost is chargeable.
Note: Some Hotels Have Different Cancellation Policy's at the time of Booking Confirmation we'll forward revised Cancellation Policy as Per Hotel Package Booked
Changes Made By Us before Travel:
We reserve the rights to do any change in your Holiday programme due to unexpected conditions. If you do not want to accept a significant change, which we will tell you about before you depart, we will (if we are able to do so) offer you an alternative Holiday of equivalent or closely similar standard and price at no extra cost, or a less expensive Holiday, in which case we will refund the difference in price. If you do not wish to take the alternative we offer you, you can choose a different Holiday offered for sale by us and pay, or receive a refund of, any price difference. Or, if you prefer, you can cancel your Holiday and receive a full refund of deposits, which you have paid to us, except for any amendment charges of Rs 1500 - 5500.00.
Unless the change is as a result of circumstances such as fighting, disturbance, terrorist movement, natural tragedy, fire, bad weather conditions, we will pay you compensation as;
· Before 12 or Less days prior to the departure date, Deposits only.
In case we cancel your tour due to unavoidable circumstances like when we won’t be able to provide you some or full promised services, then we will refund the full amount of deposits
The Amarnath/Mata Vaishno Devi helicopter tickets are subjected to availability on the requested dates in case we don’t get the tickets we will refund the full amount of deposits
Circumstances Beyond Our Control:
We cannot pay any compensation, reimburse expenses, or cover losses for any amount or otherwise accept responsibility, if as a result of circumstances beyond our control, we have to change your Holiday after booking, or we, cannot supply your Holiday, as we had agreed, or you suffer any loss or damage of any description. When we refer to circumstances beyond our control, we mean any event that we could not foresee or avoid, even after taking all reasonable care. Such circumstances will usually include, but are not limited to, war, threat of war, airport closures, epidemic, natural or nuclear disaster, terrorist activity, civil unrest, industrial dispute, bad weather.
· The vehicle which will be with you entire tour will bit be at your disposal.
· Transfers by Shikara from Shikara Ghat to Houseboat and back are complimentary. In rear case [during season time] you have to wait for maximum 5-10 minutes for Shikara to pick you up from Shikara Ghat to Houseboat.
· Please make it sure that any commitment made by our tour consultant or any person from Royal India Expedition is only valid if you get it written via the company email from the said person, the commitment which is not in written will be terms as null and void.
· To reach Gulmarg during heavy snow fall you have to hire snow jeeps at Tangmarg [before 13kms from Gulmarg] at your own cost [Rs 1000 approx for round trip]
· At resorts like Gulmarg, Pahalgam & Sonamarg there are places like ARU Valley, Chandhanwari, Beehtab Valley Thajiwas Glacier, Gulmarg Locals, Pahalgam locals, & Sonamarg Locals you need to hire local transport of your own which cost appox Rs.1000 - 3000 approx to & fro per destination. (Local Transport includes Cabs, Gondola Ride, Pony Rides, & Cart Rides)
· Any cost arising due to natural disasters like landslides, road blocks have to pay client directly at the spot.
· We are not responsible for some aspects like Shopping/Power Cut in Houseboats & Hotels, Pony/Horse rides in Gulmarg/Pahalgam/Sonamarg.
· The Chopper tickets for Mata Vaishnodevi Darshan/Amarnath Ji Yatra are subjected to avalibility.
· No claims shall be made if we were unable to confirm your chopper tickets for Mata Vaishno Devi Darshan / Amarnath Ji Yatra.
We want all our customers to have an enjoyable, carefree Holiday. But you must remember that you are responsible for your actions and the effect they may have on others. If we, or another person in authority, believe your actions could upset, annoy or disturb other customers or our own staff, or put them in any risk or danger, or damage property or you are unfit to travel, we may end your Holiday and terminate your contract. You and your travelling party will be prevented from using your booked accommodation, transport, and any other Travel Arrangements forming part of your booking and we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any other costs you have to pay. Alternatively at our discretion, you may be permitted to continue with your Holiday but may have additional terms of carriage imposed upon you.
In addition to the above and the effect your actions may have on others, you must particularly also bear in mind that you are responsible for your safety, and that you are responsible for the condition of the property you occupy. We are not responsible for any accidents which occur in or around irresponsible behaviour, or for any accidents which occur anywhere on properties because of glass, china or the like which you have broken and/or have left in a way in which injury can result.
We expect that you will enjoy your holiday with us. We appreciate that you may well drink alcohol as part of your enjoyment. You must, however, do so responsibly and we will have no liability to you for any injury, loss or damage you suffer as a result of your judgment being impaired wholly or partly by alcohol.
We will hold you and the members of your travelling party jointly and individually liable for any damage to the accommodation, furniture, apparatus or other materials located within the accommodation, together with any legal costs we incur in pursuing a claim. It is your duty to report any breakages, defects or damage to an appropriate person immediately.
If your behaviour or the behaviour of any members of your travelling party causes any diverted we and/or the carrier will hold you and those members jointly and individually liable for all costs incurred as a result of that diversion. We cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others in your accommodation, or for any facilities/services withdrawn as a result of their action.
If You Have A Complaint:
We aim to provide the best Holiday possible. However, if you are not satisfied please complain as soon as possible to the relevant person (for example, the accommodation management or transport supplier). If they cannot help, you must tell your Holiday Representative and we will do everything reasonably possible to sort the problem out. If you are still not satisfied, ask your Holiday Representative. If you do not have the services of a Representative, you must contact us at RIE Heritage Group of Houseboats at +91-9858421718 / (24*7 Helpline) +91-9086539992 (Give a Call Or SMS). No complaints or refund for the same be entertained after the Holiday programs.
You Are Responsible For Your Documents And Possessions
You will have to take the risk and responsibility of all your baggage, belongings, currency, valuables, documents and personal effects (collectively 'baggage') at all times during the tour, whether during travel on the airline or during your stay in hotel or during your travel in coaches, while on excursions or otherwise.
If you forget to carry or if you lose essential travel documents such as permits, passport, ID, visa, tickets etc., you may be compelled to curtail the tour and you may have to incur extra expenses, for which you alone shall be responsible.
In view of what is stated above, please carefully note that:
· We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage in respect of your baggage etc. or their contents whether due to theft, accident, negligence or otherwise;
· We shall not be responsible for any cancellation or curtailment of your tour compelled by any such loss of baggage etc. and we shall pay no compensation or refund to you;
· Some coverage in respect of baggage loss or damage may be provided by insurance.
· It is advisable that you do not carry valuables on the tour. However, if you carry any valuables, we recommend that you use all available facilities to keep them secure during your tour. In this regard, some hotels provide Safe Deposit Lockers (which may be charged separately).
Law And Jurisdiction
This contract will be governed by Indian law. You agree that in the event of a dispute or difference between the parties the exclusive jurisdiction shall vest in the competent court / forum / tribunal in Srinagar (Jammu & Kashmir) only.